This is a page I am developing to have a row of tabs at the top of the form area which link to other parts of the form, which are viewed as other pages.

The page is at:

http://www.we3.co.uk/for_james3/AIF_admin.htm

relevant css is on:

http://www.we3.co.uk/for_james3/AIF_admin_files/grants.css

All is more or less well in every browser except IE6 which is, of course, the browser of choice for my client....

If I just use the style declarations from the css file there is a gap between the form area (which has a border) and the tabs, spoiling the tab effect.

So I inserted a conditional comment as outlined in http:// www.quirksmode.org into the html head of the page making the top margin -5.5em. This looks just fine now in IE6 and the other browsers ignore the conditional comment. HOWEVER: when you roll over the tabs something makes the bottom 2/3rds of the page dissapear. This effect disappears if I take the conditional statement of the top margin out of the html (but the gap is still there).

Can anyone explain, please why this happens? And can anyone help me fix my problem?

Thanks

Julia