From: "Theresa Mesa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Al Sparber" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "CSS-discuss list" <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: [css-d] Uberlinks...

Wait, the links are in a server side include, not on the page itself. The page is linking to the virtual include, so essentially, the information is
the same on each page. Normally, this is a wonderful way of doing
navigation, banners, and footers. Make one change, and it affects every page. How do I affect the page's navigation without pulling the nav out of
the SSI and putting it on each page?

I think this is also what threw me on the Uberlink page.

Use a body ID method.

Leave your main link styles for the menu the way they are as descendants of the leftnav DIV. Then...

Id the body:

Then ID each link:

<ul>
</ul>

Write your uberlink rule like this:

#home #home-link, #aboutus #aboutus-link,
#portfolio #portfolio-link, #testimonials #testimonials-link,
#contactus #contactus-link  {
background-image: url(perry_images/blue.gif) !important;
}

Now you simply change the ID on the body element to set your "uberlink"

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".