Hey List:

I was recently trying to validate my CSS and the validator at w3 was down. Because I'm impatient and a little tired, I didn't feel like wating around for it to come back up, so I googled css validator and got to the 'Web Design Group' validator at htmlhelp.com. (http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/)

I validated my css, and it gave me this warning:*|
|**
*
body {
 margin: 0;
 padding: 0;
 font-size: 100%;
 background-color: #4A4A4A;
}

Warning: To help avoid conflicts with user style sheets, background-image should be specified whenever background-color is used. In most cases, background-image: none is suitable.
---

I have never heard that you should specify none for a background image if there is not one & there is a color specified. Is that true? I know that the specs say that you should specify a background color if there is an image used in case the image cannot be found. But not the other way around?

Thanks,
Matthew