Matthew Ohlman wrote:
Hey List:

I've run into a problem with cross-browser compatibility on a new
design I am working on. You can view it here:

http://pictures.ohlman.com/cross/index.html

I've put the CSS inline so it will be easier to debug.

In IE6, the footer bar is not lining up on the bottom.  The faux
column image is visible below it.  Anybody know why this is
happening?

Change this:
body {
  padding: 0;
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-left: 0;

...to:
body {
  padding: 0;
  margin: 0;
...and IE is fine.

You should also delete 'height: 50px;' on #footer, so it can grow with
font-resizing in standard-compliant browsers.
Try 'padding-bottom: 3px;' (or some other value) on #footer instead, so
the text don't end up too close to the bottom.

HTMLTidy see this as an error:
... <a> attribute "href" lacks value...

Otherwise the page looks just fine, although the contrast between text
and background is a bit low IMO.

regards
        Georg
--