> Hi,
>
> i've read somewhere that many IE CSS deficiencies won't be addressed in
> the new IE release at all. Is this really so bad?
> I don't want to see all those pages looking bad in the new IE just
> because Microsoft suddenly decided to apply to standards and all those
> old IE-hacks behave awkward now.

Despite all the naysayers (most of whom would hate MS to fix _anything_,
as they'd have to find something else to whinge about), the IE team are
planning to fix quite a lot of stuff. See their list at
for details.

Now that MS have engaged with the Web Standards Project, we can expect to
see a gradual improvement; but just fixing the bugs the IE team list in
the above-mentioned piece will sort out about 99% of the IE problems I
encounter on a daily basis.

However, we'll probably have to wait at least a couple of years before the
public upgrade in sufficient numbers for us to say "IE 6 is dead! Long
live IE 7!" :-(

So don't throw away your hacks just yet.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons