On Aug 6, 2005, at 2:44 PM, Richard Hawking wrote:
I was wondering if it's possible to use a PHP echo within CSS styling. Something like:

#<?php echo $pageId; ?> #<?php echo $navId; ?> {color:#666666;}

Would this work? If so, is it advisable to do this kind of thing?

As much as I agree that PHP and CSS should probably stay separate, Shaun Inman -- one of the creators of sIFR -- has just posted about this type of subject on his blog[1]. Though what he's going for is possibly a little different than what you're looking to do I would lean more towards his technique than writing the entire page in PHP and serving it up as CSS, less bloat.

[1] http://www.shauninman.com/plete/2005/08/css-variables

Mike Stickel
Screenflicker Developments
www.screenflicker.com