Ross,

You didn't provide the markup used to create your image file, but my
guess is the total of the width of the boxes + padding + borders +
margins exceeds the width of the containing element. Understanding the
CSS box model is the foundation of all things CSS. This groups wiki is
a good place to find resources to learn about the box model, as well
as the great repository of information at
http://www.positioniseverything.net/.

Here is a little demo I did to illustrate the problem you mentioned.
http://www.jimdavis.org/test/testbox.htm
If you increase the width of the colored boxes, or their margins, the
green box will drop below the rest, as in your example image.

As a side note, viewing the page in current versions of FF and Opera
on a PC everything renders as planned. IE 6 win, on the other hand,
has decided to paint a different picture (what a shock!).

The question is, where is IE finding the extra margin, and how can if be fixed?

Jim

.... When setting up my divs I have a problem getting them to fit
together when they are different lengths.

 http://www.blue-fly.co.uk/div_example.jpg
In the example all the DIV's float left but the pink one is meant to fit in
the box....