Hi, Philippe

Many thanks for the suggestion.
About one year ago I was searching for a solution
to visually eliminate the outline-box, too. But I
couldn't find a satisfying one :(

But now, it seems to became a nice day, today :-)

Uwe Kaiser

----

Philippe Wittenbergh schrieb:

On 9 Aug 2005, at 7:04 am, Haoshiro wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way (using CSS) to stop Firefox from outlining a clicked link with a dotted border?

I have some tabs on my site and this behavior degrades the appearance of the tabs once they are clicked. (Clicking somewhere else on the page removes "focus" from the link and the box is removed.)

It is governed by the outline property. If you want to remove it, think about it **twice** (at least), and provide another visual clue that the link has focus. Keyboard users will be happy. And don't forget, the user is under control. There is no way you'll manage to override my settings.

a:focus {
    -moz-outline: 1px solid lime; /* Firefox 1.0x */
outline: 1px solid lime; /* Firefox nightly builds, DeerPark dev. releases */ outline-offset 3px; /* Firefox nightly builds, DeerPark dev. releases */
}

Just a suggestion; adapt values to taste.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com/>