Okies,

Most of the bugs have been worked out so far, *except* in the nefarious Mac
IE5.x.

That being the case, it seems like the best way to do this is to set up a
hack that specifically feeds overrides to Mac IE5.

After reviewing the chart at dithered.com, I found that there seems to be
only one filter that allows rules for Mac IE5 while hiding them from MOST
other browsers.  Unfortunately, "most" does not include Mozilla (all
platforms).  So I started looking for a way to hide *that* filter from
Mozilla.  The most promising looking one hides things from Mozilla, but
allows Mac IE5 to see them.

I'm curious whether anyone has every tried combining the ":lang()" and (*
html) filters, and - if so - whether it worked or failed.

The syntax I am envisioning is a pretty straightforward combination:

* html #testElement:lang(en) {color: #000000; }

Thank you in advance, everyone!

~~J. Hodge