Hi all,

I'm new to CSS and am trying to build a web template using css to provide the deisgn templates.

I have come across a problem which I simply can't figure.

The html structure uses a series of divs for layout and is structuredlike this:

I have floated #subsection and #newsfeed to the right, set their width etc then left #servicelinks and #maintext positioned relatively. This give me precisely the layout I want in Firefox, Safari & Opera, but IE creates a huge gap on the page because it flows #maintext 'after' the end of #subsection!

If you remove either #subsection or #newsfeed from the html, the layout is fine, but of course this is not an option.

Here's the dummy page I'm working on to create the CSS:

http://www.sammedia.com/pebbles/awb_css.htm

The stylesheet:
http://www.sammedia.com/pebbles/stylesheet.css

If anyone can help here, I'd be very grateful, have been staring at a screen for a week now and am losing the will to live! ;-)

Thanks

Mike Free