Tim Ware wrote:
http://help.hyperarts2.com/

If the viewport is tall enough, there isn't a problem. But if the content in the white area extends beyond the fold, and you scroll down, you'll see the problem, a pretty common one, I suspect.

Sure is :-)

You're mixing styles in a way that makes a lot of them completely useless.

- Absolute positioning (AP) is pretty useless on large areas inside
containers/wrappers that are supposed to contain them and hold
background-styling. APs are removed, so the container won't know their
dimensions. Defining 'clear' doesn't work on AP-elements.

What you've got now is a styled #container that relates to
window-dimensions as if there's no content at all. In fact there isn't,
since you've removed it with AP.
--

So, I think you should let go of the window-dimension, and let the page
adjust with its content. That will make everything work perfectly.

Basic fix:
- delete 'AP' on _all_ elements--except #toplinks.
- delete 'height' on _all_  elements.

* {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
line-height: 20px /* delete this */;
 }
---

You may then try these styles:
#content {
width:525px;
padding-top:1em;
display: table;
padding-left: 30px;
        }

#leftnav {
width:190px;
margin:0; padding:0;
background:transparent;
float: left;
        }

You should be able to complete it from there.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no