I read this little trick somewhere.
(I would post where but I can't remember)

Add this to your body tag:
text-align: center;

I read to add this to the main "wrapper" div:
 margin: 0 auto;
 text-align: left;

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Lisa

On Aug 15, 2005, at 9:59 AM, Sam Leathers wrote:

I've been messing with this for a few days now, and can't figure out why
it isn't working. I have a layer1 div encompassing the whole site. It
centers fine (even in IE, if I put a border on it, and hide the header,
I can see that it's centered, but the rest if over 372px to the right,
and I could go through and do a hack to force each and every box in ie
to move over 372px, but what would be the correct solution to doing
this. It seems like such a nasty have to get it to center properly, and
I'd prefer to do it the right way, if there is one. By the way, I have
layer1 as positioned relative, however; I've tried absolute as well.

Thanks for any help,

Sam
--
in life, direction is everything, distance is secondary--so keep your
bearings!

[KJV] Luke 5:16 And he withdrew himself into the wilderness, and prayed.

Get Firefox!!!