Hi,

Can anyone help?

I posted this question on the 12th but have had no replies. I'm not sure if it's because my question is too dumb or too difficult to answer! Feedback in either direction would be much appreciated because I'm totally stuck! :-(

here's my original question.

I have come across a problem which I simply can't figure. Please take a look at this page in Safir/Firefox, then in IE . Note the large gap that appears in IE between the 'Online Quotes and service' section and the 'How we are paid' section.

The html structure uses a series of divs for layout and is structuredlike this:

I have floated #subsection and #newsfeed to the right, set their width etc then left #servicelinks and #maintext positioned relatively. This give me precisely the layout I want in Firefox, Safari & Opera, but IE creates a huge gap on the page because it flows #maintext 'after' the end of #subsection!

If you remove either #subsection or #newsfeed from the html, the layout is fine, but of course this is not an option.

Here's the dummy page I'm working on to create the CSS:

http://www.sammedia.com/pebbles/awb_css.htm

The stylesheet:
http://www.sammedia.com/pebbles/stylesheet.css

If anyone can help here, I'd be very grateful, have been staring at a screen for a week now and am losing the will to live! ;-)

Thanks

Mike Free