I have run into an odd bug where an input element is placed strangly when it
is inside a div, but only when it is viewed in IE. I have been able to
produce a small test example that exibits this bug. It is located at
http://www.coaching-life.com/css/gallery.html for you to look at. I have
validated this file for markup and css. This works as I expect on Mozilla
and several linux browsers. It fails on at least two versions of IE. I would
love to know why, and how to get around it.

Here's what the bug looks like. I have an outer div, a form and an inner
div. Inside the inner div is an input field. The outer div has a wide left
margin. On IE, the input seems to take on this wide margin inspite of (or
perhaps in additon to) the margin setting that is on the input field itself.
IE renders the input with an inexplicable wide left margin. On every other
browser the input is flushed left as I would expect.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? I have been working on this
kind of stuff for over a year and have never seen anything like this.

Thanks,

-- Will