Glenn writes: "IE places the MENU div inside my containing DIV"
 Hi Glenn,
 You have declared the menu div as absolutely positioned, but haven't
declared top and left coordinates. You also have a problem with the content
on IE moving over into the blue area of the background when the browser
window is resized.
 I would avoid absolutely positioning the menu div and instead opt for
floating it left. I've changed your #divMenu and #divContentSection divs to
the following, which seems to work. I haven't tested this in anything other
than FF and IE. Hopefully it works in other browsers.
 #divMenu
{
border:1px dotted black;
width:110px;