I would highly advised reimplementing this and not trying to fudge the
javascript. The css version is much easier to maintain.
do a google search for css rollover buttons. There's a ton of tutorials out
there.

They all basically say:

-make your links block elements. once the links are block elements, you can
arranged them however you want. I usually drop them into a <ul> and use the
list as a nav bar. (looks like your site could just have 2 list of links and
you can place them on either side of the logo. (be sure to turn list styling
off - ul {list-style:none} - if you use ul's)
a.rollover{display:block;}

- make your links the same height and width as your image
a.rollover{
display:block;
height:25px;
width:100px;
}
- use your desired image as the background of the links
a.rollover{
display:block;
height:25px;
width:100px;
background: #ffffff url('dogbone.gif') no-repeat fixed center;
}

- then use the a:hover pseudo element to switch the background when you
mouse over the links
a.rollover:hover
{
background: #ffffff url('dogbonewithbite.gif') no-repeat fixed center;
}

I promise, after doing pure css rollovers, you'll never go back.

cheers,
-jk