I'm having a spot of bother with my CSS. It seemed fairly straight forward but nothing I have tried has sorted it. I'm fairly certain that it is easily fixable but I haven't found a way and it is beginning to annoy me. I've checked the last couple of months but the high volume on the list makes it nigh impossible to see if someone has had a similar problem to mine.

The problem: I have header with two columns below it followed by a footer. Fairly standard.

There is a possibility that the two content columns can be larger than the other so I have wrapped them both up in a container div, floated one left, the other right with the footer beneath outside the containing div like so:

#header { ...stuff... }
#content { width: 100%; }
#container1 { width: 470px; float: right; }
#container2 { width: 130px; float: left; }
#footer { width: 100%; }

However the footer div slides up between the two containers when it should be positioned directly beneath the content.

I've tried setting the position and stuff but nothing gets it lined up - I am missing a certain combination of rules but don't know what?

Any ideas?

Thanks, Graham Reeds.