Sorry, the link got lost in my previous post of this message. Here it is again...

Just an update to my earlier query...
It makes me spit, but due to deadlines, I'm having to fall-back onto tables to get the effect I want. The site now looks like this:
http://eh0647.empetushosting.net/dataspring/test2.asp

It seems to me that this is a major failing of CSS positioning, that a DIV can't recognise it's contents and expand accordingly. Every columnar template that I've looked at (I've been through all the examples in the WIKI) has this problem. As soon as you place an element with a fixed width (e.g. a table/image) in the dynamic DIV you leave yourself open to overlap when the container gets smaller than the element.

It really pains me to have to add this table – more than I was expecting actually – I've really bought into the whole CSS thing and this is such a step backwards. It also compromises the accessibility of the site.

Oh well, I appreciate the help and feedback I've got from this list and I'll post back if I find a solution to this problem.

ed