I don't know about the Mac side of things, but the biggest problem I see
with this menu system is when tabbing through the items, the sub-menus are
fully expanded out, whether you've selected that submenu or not, and you are
forced to tab through all the submenus before you can get to the next
selection in the menu you're currently on.
I did think about that, but the support for tabbing through the menu is mainly designed to just ease things for people using the keyboard, most of these kind of menus I've seen just won't show submenus at all when used that way. The way it works now, though not ideal, is just the same as it would be to tab through a normal list of links that was completely unformatted. It would certainly be nice to add support for another key to make them "drop" but I'm trying to keep it simple and just using focus on the links at the moment. Adding support for another key to open menus would change that and considerably complicate things... It's certainly a good point though, thanks!

Does anyone else have any thoughts? Would you be irritated using it the way it is now? And has anyone spotted my Mac problem yet?

Cheers,

John.