You have nothing set on the <li> elements to tell them to stack
horizontally. You set display: inline-block on the <ul>, but the items
inside the <ul> will stack as normal, which is vertically.

Setting the display property on the <ul> will force it to sit
horizontally with other block-level elements which are SIBLINGS (e.g.
another <ul> after this one), but it won't cause the children (the
<li>s) to display horizontally.

Instead, take the display off of the <ul> and set it (or float:left)
on the <li> elements. Then they will line up horizontally.