On 9/14/05, Craddock, Melissa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The email excerpt below was sent today from a user. We are using the
> WASP Invisible Object Method to display the "Upgrade Note". I downloaded
> NS 8 and the page displayed correctly for me and has been displaying
> correctly in IE 6 and FireFox. I know that if the user disables CSS that
> they would receive the message but we spoke to the guy on the phone and
> he didn't have CSS disabled through the accessibility feature on IE. I
> don't know how to disable CSS in Netscape 8.
>
> I really need your help. Going CSS and standards compliant was a big
> step and lots of red tape. We are hoping to have all CDC using CSS for
> layout over the next several months. Any ideas on what could be going
> on? Thanks.

Didn't you read the disclaimer?

Note to site builders: The WaSP Browser Upgrade Campaign has come to a
close. As such we ask that you discontinue your use of this upgrade
message and visit the Beyond the Browser Upgrade Campaign page to
learn about what to do instead.

http://www.webstandards.org/act/campaign/buc/

Inclusive, accessible web  design just does not try to tell the
visitor anything, all it does is ensure that only browsers capable of
supporting a feature get it. In CSS, this means you can ensure via the
@import hack that crummy browsers don't get any styles at all.

If you have to justify yourself why you ensured standards compliance,
show the site in different browsers and on mobile devices, that helped
me in the past.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com