Shawn Ferguson wrote:
However, now I'm having another problem.  I want to create a 2 column layout
similar to this:
http://www.ccac.edu/default.aspx?id=139163
I have achieved part of the look, but still having problems. http://cscc.edu/test/template.asp The part I am having problems with is making the side bar go all the way down regardless of the height of the content area. It seems to create a "box" effect. Don't worry about the list styles, font, etc, I'm just trying to get the sidebar correct. Any clues? Shawn

Hello Shawn,

To force a column aka Div to stretch to the bottom of the page without content irrespective of the adjacent columns content can be done by giving it a hight of 100%. This is providing you dont contain it within some other container.

The normal practice in CSS is to fool the masses into believing it is a full height column by containing both your left and right columns in a wrapper div. Then in the wrapper div set a nice small graphic that is the width of your column as background and let it repeat -y position left. You can make the graphic any height that will transmit the info you want. Set the wrapper to 100% high and then your content can grow or shrink and it all looks great. When I was learning (still am but have got a little knowledge... dangerous!!) I used a number of templates that I found on the web. Downloaded them and pulled them apart. I often put borders all around every div with gaudy colours to see the relationships. This is sometimes difficult when some of the real masters let rip with coding a complex style sheet.
All the best
Rob