Perhaps it's missing a prefix of "Un" on the first word.....

--Guy K. Haas
  Software Exegete in Silicon Valley

David Merchant wrote:
No probs in Opera 7.54 XP (SP2), however, there's a sentence that doesn't make grammatical sense:

"Like many ectoparasites (external parasites) that can endure starvation and extremes of temperature, lice and their eggs can survive only under relatively narrow set of environmental conditions."

This sentence is in conflict with itself.

Found at http://www.lice-control.com/licefacts.html, second paragraph under "Lifecycle of Head Lice" [BTW, Life cycle is two words, not one]