"It seems they must uploaded a new validator, because not only has that all changed without my having done anything, but by default I now get a load of warnings [1] that I didn't get before. And wheras I used to get a warning about overflow-y [2] not being valid for CSS 2.1, it was only a warning before, whereas it is now by default an error unless I specify profile=3Dcss3."

I just this morning got caught by similar. How many of us have used this?

.clearA {

        overflow: hidden;
        clear:both;
        height:0;
        margin:0;
        font-size: 1px;
        line-height: 0;
}

It no longer validates and is probably used in every dang stylesheet I've got
out there . . .

Once I changed it to line-height: .01em; it validates.

This only happened over the last few days.  I validated a stylesheet with the
original version just three or four days ago and it sailed right through.

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound says I'm squeaky clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0539-0, 09/26/2005
Tested on: 9/26/2005 5:46:22 PM