In Firefox and Opera the background color does not extend to include the image.
The code in question is in the div class="content" the webpage is
 <http://www.mslive.stockton.gov.uk/other1/>
http://www.mslive.stockton.gov.uk/other1/. I know the code is not brilliant but
people have to start somewhere.

Any opinions or statements expressed in this e mail are those of the individual
and not
necessarily those of Stockton-on-Tees Council/Tees Active Limited/Tristar Homes
Limited.

This e mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely for
the use of the
intended recipient. If you receive this in error, please do not disclose any
information to
anyone and notify the sender at the above address.

Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council/Tees Active Limited/Tristar Homes Limited`s
computer systems and communications may be monitored to ensure effective
operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.

Although we have endeavoured to ensure that this e mail and any attachments are
free from any virus we would advise you to take any necessary steps to ensure
that
they are actually virus free.