Sorry, position:absolute doesn't work that way. If you use absolute
positioning, it doesn't get affected by other elements. So, you can't use it
for footers. I mean, what you are trying to do is put the footer at the
bottom of the page always? There's a method for that but it doesn't work in
some browsers.

Just have the footer flow after the content. You can use relative
positioning to nudge it out of place, without having it jump out of the
flow.