On 10/6/05, Laura Kisailus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I had a nice little setup, two columns, one float:left, the other
> float:right.  No margins, no padding, no nothing (as mentioned in this
> post about IE crashing with floats:
> http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/61022).
>
> For the most part (searching Google for ie crash float) the solution
> was to remove the float and build the page with an alternative style
> sheet.
>
> Ok, so I just float:left the left column, and instead of floating
> right the other column, just margin-left:300px -- works great.
>
> Well, sort of.  My error display, which is absolutely positioned,
> works fine in FF, but fails miserably in IE.

I figured out what the problem was.  I was "float:left;" something
within the "float:right" and it didn't do anything nor make sense.
Why IE crashed?  I dunno.  But anyone else having problems with CSS
Floats crashing IE 6 -- find your floats, delete one at a time, and go
through them all until you find 2 or 3 floats that get IE working
again.  Then figure out which one(s) can go, and dump them.

This fixed my other problem too, since my two columns are still
float:left and float:right.

Are people on the list actually getting my emails?  Or are they just
to simplistic to respond to?  Not that I feel entitled to a reply, but
I've posted twice now and neither have been responded to, which is
kind of strange.

-laura