Thank you Gunlaug Sørtun and Nick Fitzsimons! Now it doesn't only
Work perfect in both Win/IE and Mozilla, but I actually understand
Why as well =)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Fitzsimons [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: den 4 oktober 2005 10:38
To: Andreas Håkansson
Subject: Re: [css-d] Alternative "clear" methods

> I am trying to create the below layout and after som tweaking and
> reading I managed
> to get it looking alright in both Win/IE och Firefox (haven't tested
> any other browsers,
> they are concidered bonuses). However I am curious if it would be
> possible to create
> the design WITHOUT the additional span-element to clear the float.

Have a look at

<http://www.positioniseverything.net/easyclearing.html>

Briefly, the technique described there takes advantage of the fact that
IE
will (wrongly) clear things without any prompting, and only the more
competent browsers understand the CSS which is used to clear the floats.

There's a lot of other good articles on similar topics at that site too
:-)

HTH,

Nick.
--