> Please test the following --

 http://www.webbytedd.com/menu_v

 http://www.webbytedd.com/menu_h

 -- and report each menu's operation.

IE6 XPsp2 - Appears to function perfectly, all menu elements were
aligned with pixel precision even with changing the font size. What
are you calling this? "Grandson of Suckerfish"?

Chris:

I'm not calling it anything just yet -- maybe "simple menu".

However, please understand that I'm not doing anything original -- I'm just trying to make what's been "accomplished by others" simpler.

When I have "finished" simple product, I'll post it on my web site for others to review and possibly use.

As far as the "pixel precision" you noted, that's due to using ems. Once you get used to using ems for everything, things like that just work.

Many thanks for your review and comment.

tedd