> I know someone on this list, Christian Heilman, I think, has a
> Javascript solution to create something that looks and acts like a
> select box but isn't a select box, so it can be styled at will.  Perhaps

http://icant.co.uk/forreview/tamingselect/

It does not really act the same, as you cannot navigate it with cursor
keys, and is not really applicable to his problem.

> Christian or whoever will chime in with the link.  I don't have it,
> because I got over the fact that you can't style form elements very much
> long ago. :-)

Amen. I also replied off list that a multiselect dropdown control is a
usability nightmare as it works differently on different user agents /
operating systems and that a nice replacement is a checkbox list. With
the proper labels on the elements it works almost the same and can be
styled easily.

If I get the time I will do an example for that