On 10/16/2005 3:34 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm having trouble implimenting the incredibly handy expandable list described
on the Gazingus website
(http://www.gazingus.org/html/DOM-Scripted_Lists_Revisited.html). I don't have
to use this format, but would like to create an expandable list using only CSS
and Javascript, if necessary.

Right now my list collapses, but it doesn't load with all items collapsed, as I
would like it to. It also has style elements described in the CSS that don't
seem to be loading (ie font descriptions and bullets that I don't want on main
li elements). I had it working at one point, but another problem was that in IE
if I had two items expanded and tried to close the first, the second would jump
up way above it.

Documents:
Webpage: http://www.chispaconsulting.com/about_cv.html
CSS: http://www.chispaconsulting.com/mjc.css
Javascript: http://www.chispaconsulting.com/expandable.js

There is an unterminated rule in your css, here (around line 264):

#sidebar ul {
    margin: 0px 6px 0px 18px;
#sidebar ul li {
    font-size:smaller;
    margin: 0px 0px 6px 0px;
    }

Adding the missing "}" seems to fix at least some of the problems.

--
Steve Clason
Web Design and Development