Hello,

I've been reading lots about CSS, and am really just putting it into
practice.  I'm not yet at the point where I "think" in CSS, but at least I
can ask how to get to the bathroom.   :O)

On several lines of text within a <div>, I'd like some of the text to be
aligned left and the rest of the text to be aligned right without the
gratuitous use of tables.

          | left-aligned     right-aligned |

I've tried making each a span, and floating one left and one right, but that
doesn't work.  I added left and right alignment to the floats, and it still
doesn't work.  I wasn't able to find examples online.

A solution would be much appreciated!

-- Charles