At 11:52 AM -0400 10/19/05, Chad Calhoun wrote:
I can't add a margin to "p" because I only need it to apply on the first
paragraph there (with the <br /></p>).  I can't add a bottom-margin to all
"br" tags because it would create a margin in the middle of the paragraph
and still would have inconsistencies.

What you need is to style br:last-child, but this solution requires a CSS3-capable browser (Mozilla understands this selector). If you want to bring IE along for the ride, however, I'm afraid you are stuck with classes, search & replace, or scripting, as others have suggested.

Sorry there is no easy answer for this particular problem.
--

-Adam Kuehn