Jay Loden wrote:
http://jayloden.com

At the moment, what I'm doing is simply centering the banner image, so that if you have a browser window wider than a fullscreen 1024x768, it just expands to the full width with the banner image centered across the top. On the plus side, I avoid annoying people like myself that run on high resolution displays, but I really don't like the way it looks (solid background colors on either side of the image).

The image I'm using isn't particulary easy to repeat or stretch, either. I was hoping someone on the list would have some insight into how I can make my site banner more attractive on a large display (it's fine on anything 1024 and below) without having to resort to a fixed width. I'm open to all sorts of suggestions, so suggest away!

All sorts of suggestions? ;)

If one image is not wide enough, so why restrict to just one image?

http://www.satzansatz.de/cssd/layout/widebanner.html

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html