That's brilliant - thanks!

Ali :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Clason
Sent: 21 October 2005 23:53
To: CSS List
Subject: Re: [css-d] Horizontal navigation problem - forefox.

On 10/21/2005 3:18 PM Alison Lee wrote:

> I'm having problems with another horizonal navigation which I'm hoping
> someone can help me with. http://www.aycee.co.uk/x_temp/test.html
> (http://www.aycee.co.uk/x_temp/test.css) looks exactly how I want it to in
> IE but looks completely different in Firefox.  Does anyone have any ideas
> how I can fix it so it looks the same in both?  It seems that Firefox is
not
> recognising the widths and heights of li's or a's and I've tried using
> padding but to no avail.

Gecko doesn't like "width" on in-line elements apparently (too lazy to
look at the spec), so taking a different route I tried this which seemed
to work:

#navigation li { width: 150px; float:left; text-align: center;
text-transform: lowercase; }/*float: left is new*/

#navigation li a { width: 100%; height: 40px; line-height: 40px; color:
#fff; border: 0; display:block } /*display:block is new*/

--
Steve Clason
Web Design and Development