Patrick Roane wrote:

I'm trying to center  (right now it is float:left;) my horizontal
menu bar at: www.cpcconstruction.net/1/index.html

...I've tried several various techniques ie. margin: 0px auto; and this should work ....

And it will, Patrick - you need to set a width to that container too (around 5 x width-of-menu-item = 35em).

The browser is following your margin: 0 auto declaration - it just doesn't know how wide the container is!

Can I also suggest that you take a quick look at some less markup-intensive methods for creating rounded corners (eg Sliding Doors)[1]. I find that in this game, simpler is always better (otherwise known in impolite circles as K.I.S.S.)!

cheers,

-Stuart

[1] http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=RoundedCorners