Christian Montoya wrote:
This message *may* be viewed as a pointless addition to this
argument, but, I don't like to see a guy on his lonesome in a
fight!! :D

best,

-Stuart

I'd like to request that everyone on CSS-D stop making this into a
fight. I am not fighting, and as I'm the one who brought up this bug, anyone who says I am fighting or tries to add fuel to the fire is only making me look bad. So don't do it. This is a discussion list, most of
us are adults, let's discuss.

The problem here is clearly one that manifests itself on certain
versions of IE 6, definitely default installations. I don't know what
the problem is and I don't have time to isolate it, it might be
related to the Javascript and not IE itself, but it's up to Al to
decide whether to pursue the bug, or decide that it's an insignificant problem and move on. As far as I'm concerned, if customers were happy
with it, then that's what counts.

Actually, even if one person in 1000 encountered the issue, I'd love to isolate it. We don't use this technique in any of our commercial products, but we do use a similar technique for simply doing a min-width. If you have the time, let me know if this page works for you.

When making the window narrower, the min-width expression should kick in at about 750px.
http://www.projectseven.com/products/menusystems/pmm/pagepacks/utopia/vertical_liquid.htm

On this whimsical one, a full script is used to set equal height columns. They should, in this implementation, animate to full height:
http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/css/pvii_columns/col2fixed.htm

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".