From: "Alison Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>http://www.aycee.co.uk/x_temp/test.html
>(http://www.aycee.co.uk/x_temp/test.css)

>The layout looks just how I want it to in IE (in IE 6 anyway, not sure about
>others) except the right column doesn't quite stretch the full height of the
>content div - there's a gap at the bottom of about 20 or 30px, whereas I
>want it to meet the footer.  I have even more problems in Firefox though,
>the top of the column doesn't touch the banner above it, again a 20 or 30px
>gap, and this time the grey column only stretches as far as the content,
>nowhere near the footer.

David had good link suggestions where you will find out about how to create the
illusion of full height colums for your page.

The gap below the banner in FF is due to white space in your HTML. Put the
closing div tag for the banner on the same line as the opening one, and the gap
will disappear. It's possible that the problem in IE at the bottom of the page
has a similar cause. If not, check for default margins or padding that haven't
been zeroed on elements at the bottom of that column, or within the footer.

Hope that helps,

~holly