Carol F. Swinehart wrote:

> http://www.controlledairsystems.com/test/
>
> This css is working, but I now want to make the banner narrower by
> making the left picture smaller and floating the full size of the right
> picture over the edge of the banner so it hangs down.

I assume you mean in IE, but you didn't say so. if the container
the float resides in is given a width or height, it will aquire
"layout" in IE and will then contain any float.

To prevent this, you need to avoid giving that container layout,
which means not using a width or height.

Big John

--
Perennial student + Impractical joker + CSS junkie = Big John
<http://www.positioniseverything.net>