Tim,

On Oct 31, 2005, at 5:44 PM, Tim Robertson wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm VERY new to CSS and am attempting a page with three vertical div
> areas.
> -First area - menu  - static - no scroll
> -Second area - content - scroll as needed
> -Third area - static - no scroll
>
> My page works fine in Internet Explorer and Safari (I'm on Mac OS X
> 10.4.2), but with Mozilla/Firefox the page looks correct and the
> scrollbar appears on the far right as I want it to but it seems to be
> frozen.  It indicates that there is a part to scroll down to, but the
> scrollbar does not work.
>
> My CSS is here:
> http://www.m-2-design.com/IF/CSS/IF-All.css
>
> The page displaying the CSS is here:
> http://www.m-2-design.com/IF/index.php

This may be a mac specific browser bug.  I'm seeing the behavior you
describe in firefox 1.5b2 on MacOS X 10.3.9.  Funny thing is, if I make
my window narrow enough to get a horizontal scroll bar also, then it
scrolls properly.

Having said that, the page isn't valid markup which tends to confuse
browsers.  Fix these errors
<http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A//www.m-2-
design.com/IF/index.php> and see if the problem goes away.  If not, let
me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

Roger,

Roger Roelofs
"Remember, if you’re headed in the wrong direction,
        God allows U-turns!"
          ~Allison Gappa Bottke