Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> ...  I have the typical UL vertical left
> navigation on one of my sites. In FireFox/Mozilla only, the separating bottom
> border lines tend to
> disappear at certain rates. I read somewhere this was an issue with relative
> font sizing, but I
> tried changing the font size to a fixed size and that did not help. You can
> see it here:
>
> http://www.innovativeconcretesolutions.net/
> http://www.innovativeconcretesolutions.net/ics.css
>
> How can I fix it so all the lines show?

You are defining a font-size of 100.01% and a line-height of 1.3em in body.

If for example 100% means 16px on your system, 1.3em means 20.8px offset
for each li ( ... boring winding calculation snipped ...) so the bottom
border of the 3rd li would be drawn at 62px integer offset and the 4th
li would start at rounded 62px offset and overpaint the border in effect.

(A fixed font size you may have tried without changing the line-height
to a fixed size suffers from this rounding problem too. But with these
fixed settings IE cannot text-zoom anymore.)

When the problem is a result of the li/a overpainting the preceding
border-bottom, you could try to set a border-top instead, so that the
rounding problem is still there but invisible (the 4th list entry with a
white top border would overpaint a line of your red background in the
3rd entry).

The gaps that may occur at certain text-zoom level and add 1px of white
to the border can be "closed" by applying a red background-color to the ul.

They have already fixed this problem in newer Fx versions.

Ingo

--
http://www.satzansatz.de/css.html