On Nov 5, 2005, at 1:25 PM, Kalen Higton wrote:
> Hello, I made two "easy to troubleshoot" layout pages. I will love
> you long time if you could take a look and give me your thoughts/
> suggestions.
>
> www.kalenarts.com/tester1
> www.kalenarts.com/tester2
>
> "tester2" was modeled after the suggestions from the following website.
>
> http://www.456bereastreet.com/lab/developing_with_web_standards/
> csslayout/2-col/
>
> If anyone would like to see the website the "tester" pages are
> implemented in, please go to:
>
> www.globalexpeditionsinc.com
>
> login: global
>
> password: tenting
>
> My goal: Display properly on the newer browsers.

I quickly tidied-up you CSS for tester2... I like to use shorthand:

#wrapper {
        /* Shorthand for margin: top right bottom left, T-R-B-L. */
        /* Below: If top and right valuse are same, you can shorten it to
this: */
        margin: 0 auto;
        width: 756px;
}
#maincontent {
        /* Shorthand T-R-B-L works for other properties too: */
        padding: 5px 0;
        /* No need to specify unit for 0: */
        margin: 5px 0;
        width: 450px;
}
#list {
        /* EMs or % for font size would probably be better choice. Start
getting used to them now and save you some headache later: */
        font: normal 1.2em Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        /* Font color shorthand: If all are same (#333333) you can use #333,
If (#996633) you can use #963 */
        color: #333;
        /* padding-right: 10px; */
        /* T-R-B-L: */
        padding: 0 10px 0 0;
        /* margin-right: 0px; */
        margin: 0;
}
#rightcontent {
        /* Set the border for all sides: */
        border: 1px solid #666;
        /* And then set the width for only the left using T-R-B-L: */
        border-width: 0 0 0 1px;
        padding: 0 0 0 10px;
        margin: 10px 0 10px 5px;
        width: 200px;
        float: right;
}
#footer {
        /* Font shorthand (Again, using EMs): */
        font: normal .9em Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        text-align: center;
        /* Remove unit: */
        padding: 0;
        /* You had this as shorthand, looks good, just remove the unit from
the 0 value: */
        margin: 0 auto;
        width: 756px;
}
.style1 {
        /* Using EMs... I am just making a guess at what 16px would be in
EMs... It all depends on how you go about things...
        /* This is good site to visit:
http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/index.html
*/
        font: normal 1.2em Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        /* Shorthand: */
        color: #333;
}
.style2 {
        /* Percents are also a good option: */
        font: normal 200% Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
        /* Shorthand: */
        color: #333;
}
.footer {
        font: normal .9em Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

/* More could be done to stream-line your CSS, but this should give you
enough to chew on for now. */

--
BCC for Privacy!
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~watrous/bcc-for-privacy.html