Hi Spike,

     Would you be so kind to discuss these workarounds you mention
knowing of?

     I'm trying to do something [1, 2] that involves extending two block
elements (H1 and H5) in line with each other to the whole width of a
page or area and I think your knowledge could be very useful to me.

     I've managed to get it to work using a container div set to
"display: table" and then setting the headers to "display: table-cell".
However - surprise, surprise - IE doesn't like it. Mozilla displays it
like the star it is, IE ignores it and still displays as block.

     Let me know if you can help.

     Tks,
     AD

1. http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/65491
2. http://dev.adrianocastro.net/help/0002/

Spike Spencer wrote:
> Are there any plans to include some kind of css property that allows
> you to extend two block elements in line with each other, as you can
> with tables? I know about the workarounds that exist, it'd just be
> great to be able to do it off the cuff. Not sure if it breaks the
> visual formatting model or not, but is something like
>
> #leftdiv {
> attach: right;
> }
>
> #rightdiv {