Hi all

Why, in quirks mode, does Firefox decide to add the amount of padding-top to the
specified height of the element I'm adding padding to? Will switching modes help
me in this case?

#small_div {
        margin-left: 0;
        width: 120px;
        height: 120px;
        padding-top: 40px;
}

This causes the div to be 160px high...

What I'm actually trying to achieve, in case there's a better way, is to get
single words centred vertically and horizontally in a few 120x120 divs. Using
the old disply: table-cell combined with vertical-align: middle gave me the
perfect result in each div, but then proceeded, unsurprisingly, to lay the few
divs out like a table row... I want them to stack like ordinary block elements
would.

Thanks for any help!

Ciao

Zak