I'm using XHTML 1.1 and I'd really like to have a construct like this:

#info *:last-child {margin-bottom: 0px; }

to set the bottom margin of the last element in the #info container to 0.

I seem to recall that lastChild is a valid entity in the W3C DOM, but
I'm having a devil of a time looking up to see if it is actually a
valid CSS selector or not.     Does anyone know?     I know
:first-child is, but what about :last-child ?

Incidentally, :last-child seems to work in Firefox.

And, as a second question, does anyone know a good way/trick/hack to
select the last element of a container that works in most of the
major browsers today?

Thanks,

Chris Perkins
Media Lab, Inc.