hey there,

I cant seem to kill the vertical scroll bar on a text area in firefox. The
only thing that does it is if I increase the height on the text area which I
dont really want to do as I have a set height for an area that I dont want
to increase. Ive tried also the proprietary moz overflow property, but 1)
its not working and 2) of course it doesnt validate (which is important to
me).

overflow: -moz-scrollbars-none;

the main target browser for this app is IE so thats ok for the most part
(overflow: hidden works fine in IE5-6 in my testing of this), but having
this clipped scrollbar in FF is a sore thumb to me and I'd really like to
take care of it proper.

also, Safari puts a border around the textarea which I would also want to
get rid of if possible (even tho I have the border set to none) Safari is
always a pain when it comes to form styling.

this textarea is required for the javascript timer they are using and I'm
stuck with using the textarea.

here is a test page:

http://aenonfiredesign.com/test/killscroll/

the css for it:

textarea#timeremain {
float: right;
width: 100px;
height: 20px;
background: #e4e3db;
color: #333;
font: bold 1.5em arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
margin:0;
padding:0;
border: none;
overflow: hidden;