"Is there a preferred way to get a project started. What I mean to say is, do
you type of all the HTML first, mark it up and then write the CSS or do you
do it piece meal? I am just trying to figure out a logical process which to
go by so that I can make my work easier to understand and accomplish."

This is a really hard question to answer, especially since I think it's not
only a personal preference, but it also depends on how well you know your tools
and how far along you are on this css learning curve. Used to be I'd have to
find a layout in one of the trusted repositories that most closely matched what
I had in my head, then keep plugging away to try to fit my stuff "in there".
Change a little of this, adjust a little of that . . . jam a background in
here, force a rollover in there . . .

Now I create a few graphic elements, then I sit and I write the basic
stylesheet from top to bottom to define the structure, adding my backgrounds
and palette as soon as the basic structure is laid out, then putting in all the
elements I need- THEN I sit and write the html. And most of the time it works,
with just minor adjustments, right out of the (brain)box, and it's most of the
way written before I ever check it in a browser. It's actually become a sort of
mental game I play with myself to see how close to my mental ideal I can get it
before ever looking at it as it renders in a browser. That's very different
than a year ago. But now I think in css structure, not in html structure.

Do other people design the way I do? Some maybe, most not. The ways to do this
are as varied as the individuals who choose to.

I think you have to do what works for you now, and be willing to evolve your
method as you evolve your style and your knowledge.

I know that isn't a very definite answer, but  . . . hope it helps.
bj

---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound says I'm squeaky clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0546-2, 11/15/2005
Tested on: 11/15/2005 11:26:13 PM