At 1:21 PM -0500 11/16/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>The purpose of my question is not to start a tables vs. CSS debate
>but couldn't something like this be done on occasion?:

    It probably could, but not in today's browsers.  There are also
language design questions revolving how to create a grid-layout
system that have never, to my knowledge, been resolved-- either at
the markup or the styling levels, as it happens.
    Overall, the whole subject is pretty firmly off-topic for this
list, so the thread should end now, before it begins.  It's much,
much better suited to [EMAIL PROTECTED] so much so that the subject
has come up there more than once in the past.  A search of their
archives (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/) might be
interesting.

--
Eric A. Meyer (http://meyerweb.com/eric/), List Chaperone
"CSS is much too interesting and elegant to be not taken seriously."