Adam Kuehn wrote:
> Michael Wilson wrote:

>>In the above, adding the background color (#DDD) to 'background:' will
>>provide a default color for the element in the case images are
>>unavailable or undesired.

> Just a quick note that the background color is ALWAYS applied, not
> just when images are unavailable.

Hi,

It seems as though you are forever correcting me Adam and correctly as
usual. ;). As I read the OP, I made the assumption (and you know what
they say about that) we were dealing with a "fall back" method where one
would not want the background to be "transparent" in the event a
particular image was not displayed for /whatever/ reason. Indeed, when
dealing with (semi)transparent images, the background color chosen will
be (semi)visible and one should design accordingly. Thanks for the catch.

--
Best regards,
Michael Wilson