Well, technically Actionscript like Javascript and XML is represented as part
of the DOM under the
ECMAScript umbrella. For instance there are many built-in functions that work
across these three
languages. Note this is one of the reasons Javascript was re-branded a few
years back. Though many
people still don't understand the reason. Most, like a few of my friends, think
the Javascript
company was purchased during the dot-bomb era.

P-